St. Joseph North Pier
Inner and Outer Lights












Photograph by
Karl Spitzer
Photograph by
Erika Possing
Photograph by
Terry Pepper
Photograph by
Cheryl Price
Photograph by
Darryl Chapman
Photograph by
Darryl Chapman





St. Joseph North Pier Inner and Outer Lights, are located in Benton Harbor, Michigan.
Built: 1907
The first light at the mouth of the St. Joseph River, completed in 1832, was the first lighthouse constructed on Lake Michigan. These two pier lights which eventually replaced it are still in operation today, one of the few still active light systems on the Great Lakes.
These lights were features on US Postage stamps in 1995.












Lighthouse Wonderland

"Wonderland"


Copyright 1999-2009 Snow W. Frost
All rights reserved.
Reproduction without permission is strictly forbidden.