Replacing the first lighthouse built in 1810, the present 104 foot brick tower and adjacent dwelling were completed in 1872. It remains in service and has a third-order lens. The beacon flashes white once a minute and has a range of twenty miles.
***Directions: St. Simons Island is reached by causeway from Brunswick. On the island follow Kings Way and Beachview; then turn right onto Twelfth Street.