Split Rock Lighthouse was built in 1910. The octagonal, yellow-brick tower is only fifty-four feet tall, but the cliff beneath it soars more than 120 feet above the water. The focal plane is nearly 170 feet above the water.
The station's flashing light can been seen from up to twenty-two miles out in the lake. The lighthouse now serves as a museum. The lighthouse is open mid-May through mid-September.
******Directions: The lighthouse is located about 20 miles northeast of Two Harbors on Highway 61.